Friday, February 4, 2011

Replacing Fear with Faith

If you are reading this, I am flattered.  I just wanted to start this as a way of keeping a journal and sharing my thoughts.  Right now I am 23 years old and I just graduated with my Bachelors of Art History degree at Southern Utah University.  I recently moved back in with my Mom and Uncle "Jessie." (aka Uncle Sam).  We are your modern day "Full House."
I have my problems, Uncle Sam has his, and with my mom's share, we can all confide in each other and help each other out. I don't have a clue where my life will take me next and it it scares me to death.  However, I have recently decided to replace my fears with faith: Faith in my Heavenly Father who knows all and I know that if I strive to seek him daily and do my best while I am here in Provo, not really knowing what is in store for me, things will fall into place. 

 I lost my dad this summer and I miss him every day.  Especially being back in Provo, I see my Dad's face as I drive the same roads I drove him to and from his doctor's appointments and dialysis, eating at restaurants like Sizzler, and shopping at Smith's.  He was a great guy and I feel bad for anyone who missed their chance of meeting him.  However I find strength in praying and reading the scriptures, especially the Book of Mormon, where I can find all of my answers; including where my Dad is: "...taken home to that God who gave them life. 12. And then shall it come to pass, that the spirits of those who are righteous are received into a state of happiness, which is called paradise, a state of rest, a state of peace, where they shall rest from all their troubles and from all care and sorrow." Alma 40:11-12. 

I don't know about you, but that sounds pretty good to me.  What I do know is what I need to do so I can see him and talk to him again. 
Anyway, life here in Provo isn't so bad... I just got a job at a fancy shmancy restaurant called Pizzeria 712 and I am taking an interesting, insightful, and wonderful class once a week at the BYU art museum.  The church is true, life goes on, and I am going to strive every day to replace my Fears with Faith.

Finally, I wanted to share one last scripture for tonight that is also in my theme for this year:
"That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light and continueth in God, receiveth more light; and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day." -Doctrine and Covenants 50:24

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kari you never fail to impress me. You are such a good example to me and always have been. Thank you for being you! Love you girl. I am excited you have a blog it will be fun to catch up with you this way. We need to get together now that you live closer.

    ReplyDelete